Who Is Barefoot Writer for?
Numerous Barefoot Writer reviews suggest this platform is an ideal starting point for beginner writers who want to dip their toes in freelance writing. Specifically, Barefoot Writer provides advice, valuable hints, and tools to help you become a freelance writer.
If you’re a member of the Barefoot writer club, you’ll get their monthly digital magazine, which contains interviews with accomplished writers, an in-depth analysis of popular writing opportunities, and advice on how to stay inspired.
Once you’ve purchased a membership, you will also gain access to the Barefoot Writers members-only Facebook group, where you can connect with other writers and get feedback on your writing technique.
In addition, you’ll be able to participate in various writing competitions. Winning the competition will grant you $100, and your article will be published on Barefoot Writer’s website.
What Is Barefoot Writer?
Barefoot Writer is the brainchild of American Writers & Artists Inc. (AWAI), a well-known copywriting training institution.
Besides being an educational platform, Barefoot Writer is also a subscription-based magazine. The platform has a large social media following, with approximately 115k Facebook followers, 6.9K private group members, 1.4k Instagram followers, and 3.2k followers on Twitter.
To become a Barefoot Writer club member, you must fill out their form, which includes the billing information. As soon as you submit your form, you’ll be sent an email with a confirmation password allowing you to use the platform immediately.
In addition, you will receive a phone number for the Member Success Team.
The annual membership costs $249, and you can cancel your order anytime. The company also offers a 365-day refund policy.
Next, in our Barefoot Writer review, we’ll discuss the platform’s key features.
Free Guide on Writing
You don’t have to become a member to get free stuff on Barefoot Writer. In fact, you can get a free 49-page guide on making a career out of writing just by signing up. You’ll also get Barefoot Writer’s daily e-newsletter — The Writer’s Life.
While the report contains all the basic information for novice writers, there’s no detailed explanation of the actions you must take to start a career as a writer.
Seven Free Bonus Reports
We also focused on the free bonus reports in our Barefoot Writers club review. Namely, Barefoot Writer club members will get seven bonus reports:
- The Smart Start Copywriting Program (value: $129) — A report on creating an attention-grabbing headline and laying out your letter for a response.
- The $500 Email Secret (value: $39) — A guide on writing short, effective emails.
- The Secret of the 1-Hour Work Week (value: $39) — A guide on making $54,000 per year on writing alone.
- Get Paid to Research (value: $39) — A guide on surfing the internet for facts and figures.
- The Secret to Telling a $2,000 Story! (value: $39) — Templates on writing stories.
- Get Paid to Take Your Next Vacation (value: $39) — A travel writing guide.
- 130 Amazing Perks and Freebies for Barefoot Writers! (value $39)
Barefoot Writer is a legit platform that offers its members to join numerous writing competitions for cash prizes, such as:
The Barefoot Writer Challenge Essay — A monthly challenge available to Barefoot Writer club members that’s also opened to the general public each November. The winner gets $100, and their essays are published on the company’s website.
The Barefoot Writer Cover Photo Contest — This is another monthly challenge for Barefoot Writer club members. To participate in the competition, members must submit a photograph of themselves having fun during their writing sessions. The prize is a $100 Amazon gift card.
AWAI’s $10K Challenge — Active AWAI members have the opportunity to win this annual challenge by submitting their writing samples to AWAI for evaluation. The winner gets a $10,000 contract.
Access to the Members-Only Facebook Group
Barefoot Writer Club members will gain access to the company’s private Facebook group of 6.9K members.
Here, they can share notes on customers and royalties, comment on each other’s works, talk about the writing process and Barefoot Writer jobs, discuss popular freelancing websites, and other freelance writing issues.
Unlimited Free Access to Learning Material
Barefoot club members can take advantage of the company’s educational material for free. For example, they can:
- Watch free instructional lectures/videos
- Use members-only discounts on webinars, courses, seminars, and books
- Get every previous issue of Barefoot Writer
- Join the global writing community.
365-Day Money-Back Guarantee
You have the option to cancel your membership anytime. If you do it within the first 365 days, you’ll get a full refund.
However, if you terminate your membership later on, Barefoot Writer will just waive the yearly expenses from your credit card. I.e., you will not be charged anything above.
Is Barefoot Writer Club a Scam?
Many people believe Barefoot Writer to be a scam due to the company’s large number of upsells. For example, they state you can earn a six-figure salary for only $249 per year.
What they don’t say is that to get the most out of your membership, you’ll have to purchase extra material that’s not included in the initial price. Furthermore, the majority of the material is basic.
However, this doesn’t mean that Barefoot Writer is a scam. They merely promote the idea of working as a freelance writer from home.
On that note, Barefoot Writer is an excellent resource for information on how to do freelance writing, but it doesn’t assist you in obtaining writing projects.
So, is Barefoot Writer worth your time? Yes, if you’re looking to join a writer’s community and need to learn the basics of freelance writing. Barefoot Writer is also a great place for partaking in writing contests and getting your name out there.
However, if you want to find a platform to help you land a job in the freelance market, you should opt for sites like WritersGig or VOX First Person.
Pros & Cons
- 12-month 100% money-back guarantee
- Great platform for beginners
- Access to the members-only Facebook group
- Monthly writing competitions
- Free educational material
- Misleading claims for earning a six-figure salary
- Only basic information
How much do Barefoot writers get paid?
It depends on the project. For example, the standard fee for:
- Blog posts is $50–$500 per 400 to 1,200 words article.
- For homepages is $450–$4,500
- For sales pages is $450–$10,000
- For subscription pages $450–$4,500
- For information pages is $150–$750
- For landing pages is $450–$1,000
- For page sequences is $750–$5,000
- For websites is $1,500–$10,500
What do Barefoot writers write about?
Barefoot writers can write:
- Articles that encourage people to keep writing and achieve their objectives. These articles frequently offer examples of how to make money by working from home
- Articles on productivity
- Short articles on hardware/software that will help readers write
- Articles on pursuing writing or freelance careers.
- Articles on improving the writing skills through mental and writing exercises
- Personal essays with photographs demonstrating how writing helps you get more out of life.
Is the Barefoot Writer legit?
Barefoot Writer is a legit company that is clear about its pricing and services. Furthermore, AWAI, its parent firm, is well-known and well-respected in the writing industry. It also has an A+ rating on BBB.
Barefoot Writer is also transparent about its team identity, and, as we mentioned in our Barefoot Writer reviews, the company offers its members a 365-day refund.